Intuit's QuickBooks Online (QBO) is the number one accounting software with millions of customers. It is both extremely useful and easy to use...once you learn how.
"Hands down, the most comprehensive QuickBooks Online course out there; great for
beginners & certification seekers!" - Hector Garcia, CPA
Learn QuickBooks Online with Alicia in this book club inspired format!
If you are a small business owner or bookkeeper & you've never used QuickBooks Online, this is the course you need!
Join me 5 weeks in a row & discover how simple it is to grow your business with QuickBooks Online.
This unique class format was designed to eliminate information overload by breaking the material into small, easily digestible segments for better long-term comprehension.
With easy-to-follow step-by-step guidance, I'll cover everything you need to get up & running quickly & with ease!
Much like a traditional book club, we'll all do the reading (& video lessons) at home, then get together once a week to talk about it. Lessons include:
- Getting Started: I'll demonstrate the vital importance of bookkeeping, how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs, & how to properly set up your file.
- Banking: We'll also explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
- Customers: I'll cover all the crucial Customer & Accounts Receivable tasks, including how to create invoices for your customers & workflows for getting paid quickly.
- Vendors: We'll tackle Vendors, Accounts Payable, & all the ways you'll record your company's expenses.
- Reports: Then we'll learn how to run the key reports that show how well your company is doing!
- Tools: Explore other features in QBO that help you enjoy the software.
By the end of this course, you'll have learned how to easily manage your company's daily workflow using QuickBooks Online, & be able to run insightful reports to analyze growth.
What's included with this course?
Get up & running with QuickBooks free from worry or anxiety. By choosing to learn QBO with me, you not only get access to an expert, you’ll also become part of a community of business owners who share a common goal, & WANT to help if you get stuck.
When you purchase 'QBO Book Club,' you'll get:
- Class notes so you can refresh your understanding later
- Quizzes after each module so you can check your knowledge & make adjustments as needed
- A digital copy of my book, "Master Intuit QuickBooks Online" to follow along during the course
- 6 hours of easy-to-follow video instruction with a certified, Top 10 QuickBooks Online expert who will walk you through the material step-by-step
- 5 hours of group coaching where you can get personalized answers to your most pressing QuickBooks questions
As a special bonus, I'll send you a free paperback of my book, "Master Intuit QuickBooks Online: From Set Up to Tax Time". Use it to follow along with the class, & later as a reference book to look things up quickly.
How it works
The way my QBO Book Club works is you'll watch the videos, thumb through the book, & take the quiz to check your understanding & see where you may need some help. It should be about 90 minutes of work per week.
Then we'll meet virtually for a 1-hr session every Wednesday from Feb 1st to March 1st. I'll point out all the PEBCAKs ("Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard", all the traps people tend to fall into), & give you the assignments for the following week.
You'll get to ask questions & get some personalized help from me & the cohort of students you're with!
It's a really great way to learn QuickBooks, & you may even make a few strategic connections along the way!
Discover why passionate business owners like you are getting excited for 'QBO Book Club'
Find out what you've been missing. See what prior learners have to say about their journey with Alicia & her QBO Book Club.
"Great class - loads of information, great foundation. Instructor had lots of wisdom, flexibility, & enthusiasm."
"This class is great for beginners as well as experienced QBO. It is a great refresher & [you] can still learn something new if you've been doing it awhile. Like how to add windows so you can look at more than one screen at a time. That's a great time saver. I love the extras that you put into your courses."
"What if I miss a class?"
If you have to miss one of the scheduled live meetings, don't worry! Each session will be recorded & will be available to you afterwards, & there's a Q&A forum where you can always get your questions answered...even after the class is over.
You'll have lifetime access to the materials so that you can go back & watch the recordings to your heart's content. The Q&A Forum will also always be there for you to ask questions down the road when new issues pop up!
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of good record-keeping.
- When to hire a bookkeeper & when can you can do it yourself
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make.
- Setting up QuickBooks®
- QuickBooks Accounts & Settings.
- Creating your Products & Service Items list.
- Working with Customers (Accounts Receivable): Estimates, Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments.
- Working with Vendors (Accounts Payable): Bills, Payments, Expenses, Checks.
- Running basic reports
- Using QuickBooks Online's built-in automation features
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between QBO Subscription levels
- Identify steps for setting up a new QBO file
- Recognize sales transactions required to receive money from customers
- Recognize expense transactions used to pay vendors
- Identify QBO’s Banking Center and recognize the process for reconciling bank statements
- Recognize the process for running reports used in analyzing your company’s performance
16 CPE, Certificate of Completion
Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications
Blended/QAS/Self Study/Group Internet
Who should take this class?
Other learners enrolled in these courses after completing this class:
Explore new topics & join the hundreds of other business owners & accounting professionals who have enrolled in these courses after completing QBO Book Club!
Refunds & Cancellations
Please view our Terms of Service, for information on refunds, cancellations, and complaint resolution. To request a refund, please contact us.
Royalwise Solutions Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Course Credits: 16 CPE, Certificate of Completion. Must be awarded within one year of enrollment.
Course Updated: December 2022
Course Page Updated: February 2023
Here is the course outline:
How to Participate in this Course
Feb 1 12pm .. 1pm, Royalwise OWLS Webinar
Click here for the Zoom link! Week 1, February 1 at 12pm - 1pm PST Week 2, February 8 at 12pm - 1pm PST Week 3, February 15 at 12pm- 1pm PST Week 4, February 22 at 12pm - 1pm PST Week 5, March 1 at 12pm - 1pm PST Note that the dates and times on each session below are the dates the materials become available, not the date of our meeting.
This course comes with a free copy of Alicia's book, "Master QuickBooks Online: From Setup to Tax Time."
Session 1: The Book Club Kickoff
Our first meeting! . We'll spend today's session going over the housekeeping - how will this course work? What are the expectations? How do you use the portal? Before we dive into the hands-on, we'll start with an essential overview: the vital importance of bookkeeping, and how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs.
Session 2: Setting up and Customizing QuickBooks Online
When you create your QuickBooks file, be sure to set up all the Settings and Lists so that they address the specific needs of your unique company.
Session 3: Vendors and Banking
We'll look at all the essential Vendors and Accounts Payable workflows. In other words, how to pay Bills from your Vendors, and your workflows for tracking expenses. How does the Banking Feed work? Let's explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
Session 4: Working with Customers
We'll look at all the essential Customers and Accounts Receivable workflows. In other words, how to create invoices for your customers, and your workflows for getting paid quickly.
Session 5: Transactions, Reports, and Tools
We'll start with additional business transactions that you'll need to keep your records accurate. Then we'll talk about reports - the whole purpose of using QuickBooks is to run accurate reports that help both with business management, and paying taxes. We'll finish up by looking at some of QBO's bells and whistles that may address your company's pain points.
Score 80% or higher on the section quizzes to receive your certificate and CPE credit. Submit the Evaluation & Participation Survey, so Alicia knows how she did. Want an Intermediate Course? Just fill out the additional survey.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise CPE Certificate|