Introduction to Accounting and Bookkeeping for Small Business Owners
When you’re starting your own company, good financial management and accounting tips are key to your success. Learn what kind of bookkeeping you need to do for your small business.
Accounting and Bookkeeping Course Description
Starting and running a new business...that’s tough stuff.
Correctly keeping the books...even tougher!
Entrepreneurs and new business owners are experts in their field and have a passion for what they do…but if they were really good at bookkeeping, they would have become bookkeepers instead!
This class is a terrific introduction into the business behind business. QBO Rock Star Alicia Katz Pollock teaches you what you need to know about bookkeeping in order to succeed!
She'll cover the importance of good record keeping, saving receipts, bookkeeping software, common mistakes, taking credit cards, available technology you can leverage, and how you know when you need a bookkeeper.
Business owners -- you need to take this important introductory class to help you figure out how to begin the process of ensuring good financial management...including the tough decision of whether you need to hire a bookkeeper.
No prerequisite knowledge required.
QAS Self Study
Field of Study
Who should take this class?
- Small Business owners
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of good record keeping
- When do you need a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Bookkeeping options like QuickBooks, web-based systems including QBO® and Xero
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make
- Why and how to save receipts
- Using a tablet or laptop to write up estimates in the field
- Using a smartphone to take credit cards
- Estimates to invoices to payments
- The world of QB apps like Tsheets for timecards and Bill.com for A/P.
Here is the course outline:
1. Download the Handout
Download the handout that goes with the course.
2. Watch the Videos - Introduction to Accounting and Bookkeeping for Business Owners
This is the recording of the class you attended. Watch and rewatch it until it all makes sense!
3. Take the Quiz
Take this quiz to demonstrate your mastery of the material. Pass the quiz with an 80% or higher to complete the Course, earn your Certificate, and win points!
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise Credit Certificate|