When you work in the trades, QuickBooks® can be daunting. In this class specific to construction and other service-related businesses, we’ll cover Estimates, Progress Invoicing, Change Orders, taking Deposits, receiving partial Payments, and Job Costing.
- Our "QBO® Fundamentals" course, or
- Prior experience with QuickBooks® Online.
Who should take this class?
- Businesses who work in the field
- Businesses that write estimates or bid on jobs, take deposits for work to be performed, take partial payments as work is completed, and want to determine which services and customers make the most profit
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills
What You’ll Learn
- Creating estimates
- Closing estimates
- Converting estimates to invoices
- How to track change orders
- Doing progress invoicing
- Taking deposits
- Taking partial payments
- Issuing customer statements
- Making bank deposits
- Making time and materials expenses billable to customers
- Creating Journal Entries for payroll and expense job costing (and class costing)
- Creating $0 Paychecks for Owner's time
- Running job costing reports
Here is the course outline:
1. Download the Handout
Download the handout that goes with the course.
Download the handout here
2. QBO for Contractors and Project-based Services
In this class specific to construction and other service-related businesses, we’ll cover Projects, Estimates, Progress Invoicing, Change Orders, taking Deposits, receiving partial Payments, and Job Costing.
Setting up QBO for Job Costing
The Project Center and Progress Invoicing
Job Costing Your Labor and Expenses
Budgets and Reporting
Take this quiz to demonstrate your mastery of the material. Pass the quiz with an 80% or higher to complete the Course, earn your Certificate, and win points!
Projects and Job Costing Quiz
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise Credit Certificate|