QBO: The Chart of Accounts Webinar with MyCPE
Learn to set up your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts according to accounting principles: bookkeeping terms, general ledger, Balance Sheet, and P&L statements.
The QuickBooks® Chart of Accounts structures your business according to accounting principles. Your general ledger includes assets, liabilities, equity, income, and expenses. Take this class to learn bookkeeping terms like Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to read a Balance Sheet and a Profit and Loss report, as well as how to structure your Chart of Accounts so it supports your unique business workflow.
Your Chart of Accounts is the backbone of your business. It has two functions: outlining what the IRS wants to see for taxes, and allowing you to generate your P&L and Balance Sheet reports. There are industry-standard accounts you need, but you also have the flexibility to create accounts that reflect your unique circumstances. It’s impossible to start using QuickBooks® without customizing your Chart of Accounts. This class will explain the fundamentals.
This webinar is brought you by Royalwise and My-CPE.com, Click this link to register.
Who should take this webinar?
- Business owners and employees who want to understand the “business behind business”
- Students and job-seekers will boost their employment marketability
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills.
What You’ll Learn
- The function of the Chart of Accounts
- Creating new accounts and editing existing accounts
- Equity accounts
- Liability accounts
- Asset accounts
- Bank accounts
- Credit card accounts
- Income accounts
- Cost of Goods accounts
- Expense accounts
- Other Income accounts
- Other Expense accounts
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Undeposited Funds
- Understanding a Profit and Loss Statement
- Understanding a Balance Sheet
Click the link below to register
This webinar is brought to you by MyCPE and Royalwise. To register, click here.
Here is the course outline:
1. Where to sign up for this Webinar
This webinar is brought to you by MyCPE and Royalwise Solutions. Please click on the link below to register.
How to attend this webinar
2. Download the Handout
Click the links below for instructions.
Download the handout here
3. Lesson plan for QBO: Chart of Accounts Webinar
Below is the lesson plan for the Chart of Accounts Webinar
What is a Chart of Accounts (COA)?
Balance Sheet Accounts: Assets, Liabilities, and Equity
Profit and Loss: Income and Expenses
How the COA Maps to Reports
Modifying Your Chart of Accounts
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise Credit Certificate|