QuickBooks® Online Bootcamp - October 2021
Intuit's QuickBooks Online (QBO) is the number one accounting software with millions of customers. It is both extremely useful and easy to use...once you learn how.
Intuit's QuickBooks Online Course Description:
If you are a small business owner or bookkeeper that has never used QuickBooks Online, you need this course!
And it's best to learn the essentials from the best...so you get set up properly, from the beginning! And who puts the "fun" in fundamentals more than QBO Rock Star Alicia Katz Pollock!
Alicia has designed this QBO Bootcamp course to be approachable so you gain a solid understanding of how QuickBooks software works. With easy-to-follow step-by-step guidance, Alicia will cover everything you need to quickly get up and running.
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to easily manage your company's daily workflow using QuickBooks Online, and be able to run insightful reports to analyze growth.
- Getting Started: Alicia teaches the vital importance of bookkeeping, how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs, and how to properly set up your file.
- Banking: We'll also explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
- Customers: Alicia covers all the essential Customer and Accounts Receivable tasks, including how to create invoices for your customers and workflows for getting paid quickly.
- Vendors: We'll tackle Vendors, Accounts Payable, and all the ways you'll record your company's expenses.
- Reports: Then we'll learn how to run the key reports that show how well your company is doing!
- Tools: Explore other features in QBO that help you enjoy the software.
When you register for this class, you'll also receive a free paperback and pdf of Alicia's book, "Master Intuit QuickBooks Online: From Set Up to Tax Time". Use it to follow along with the class, and later as a reference book to look things up quickly.
We'll meet together every Friday in October for an hour.
During the week you'll do about 90 minutes of self-paced directed study:
- Read the book (roughly 30 pages with big pictures)
- Watch the assigned videos
- Take the quiz
In the live class on Friday, you'll get to ask questions, and Alicia will point out all her PEBCAKs ("Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard", all the traps people tend to fall into). Then she'll give you the assignments for you to do over the next week.
If you can't make the scheduled live meeting, don't worry! It will be recorded, and there's a Q&A forum where you can always get your questions answered...even after the class is over.
You'll have lifetime access to the materials so that you can go back and watch the recordings to your heart's content. The Q&A Forum will also always be there for you to ask questions down the road when new issues pop up!
6 CPE / COE
Field of Study
Blended / Group Internet
Who should take this Intuit's QuickBooks Online class?
- Business owners and employees who maintain their company’s financial records.
- Students and job-seekers looking to boost their employment marketability.
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed.
- Seasoned users looking to glean essential nuggets of information to make using QuickBooks easier and faster than before.
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills.
What You’ll Learn
- The importance of good record-keeping.
- When to hire a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make.
- Setting up QuickBooks®
- QuickBooks Accounts and Settings.
- Creating your Products and Service Items list.
- Working with Customers (Accounts Receivable): Estimates, Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments.
- Working with Vendors (Accounts Payable): Bills, Payments, Expenses, Checks.
- Running basic reports
- Using QuickBooks Online's built-in automation features.
Here is the course outline:
How to Participate in this Course
Click here for the Zoom link! Week 1, October 1 at 1 - 2pm PST Week 2, October 8 at 1 - 2pm PST Week 3, October 15 at 1- 2pm PST Week 4, October 22 at 1 - 2pm PST Week 5, October 29 at 1 - 2pm PST
This course comes with a free copy of Alicia's book, "Master QuickBooks Online: From Setup to Tax Time."
Session 1: The Bootcamp Kickoff (see what I did there?)
Oct 1 1pm .. 2pm
Our first meeting! Kick off your boots so we don't get the floor muddy. We'll spend today's session going over the housekeeping - how will this course work? What are the expectations? How do you use the portal? Before we dive into the hands-on, we'll start with an essential overview: the vital importance of bookkeeping, and how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs.
Session 2: Setting up and Customizing QuickBooks Online
Oct 8 1pm .. 2pm
When you create your QuickBooks file, be sure to set up all the Settings and Lists so that they address the specific needs of your unique company.
Session 3: Vendors and Banking
Oct 15 1pm .. 2pm
We'll look at all the essential Vendors and Accounts Payable workflows. In other words, how to pay Bills from your Vendors, and your workflows for tracking expenses. How does the Banking Feed work? Let's explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
Session 4: Working with Customers
Oct 22 1pm .. 2pm
We'll look at all the essential Customers and Accounts Receivable workflows. In other words, how to create invoices for your customers, and your workflows for getting paid quickly.
Session 5: Transactions, Reports, and Tools
Oct 29 1pm .. 2pm
We'll start with additional business transactions that you'll need to keep your records accurate. Then we'll talk about reports - the whole purpose of using QuickBooks is to run accurate reports that help both with business management, and paying taxes. We'll finish up by looking at some of QBO's bells and whistles that may address your company's pain points.
Fill in the satisfaction survey
Please take the course survey to let Alicia know how she did, and get your CPE credit.
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise Credit Certificate|