This QuickBooks Online tutorial for beginners teaches small business owners and bookkeepers how to use all QBO’s essential tools and workflows to track its income and expenses for taxes and business success.
Preview this course:
Get a sneak peek of what's inside this value-packed training. Watch the brief video below to explore the topics we'll cover and see the quality of content you can expect. Your journey to mastering the material starts here!
"Hands down, the most comprehensive QuickBooks Online course out there; great for
beginners & certification seekers!" - Hector Garcia, CPA
Basic Training, often known as, “bootcamp”, is an introduction to the Army, and where recruits learn the traditions, tactics and methods of becoming a soldier.
And much like U.S. Army Bootcamp, my QuickBooks Online Bootcamp requires enthusiasm, discipline, and a hunger for excellence.
It takes time…but it’s not hard and it doesn’t require sacrifice!
Unlike U.S. Army Bootcamp, in my QBO Bootcamp I will encourage you, hold your hand, and you DEFINITELY won’t have to clean your privy with your toothbrush.
When we're through, you will have the QBO skills to solve any problem, conquer any transaction, silence your doubts, and tackle any task.
You will become a pillar of bookkeeping excellence, capable of handling whatever is thrown your way with strength, dignity, and grace.
You will also be prepared to take Certiport’s Intuit QuickBooks Certified User exam, and gain experience as you study for Intuit’s ProAdvisor Certification.
Learn QuickBooks Online with Alicia in this 'QBO Bootcamp' course
Intuit's QuickBooks Online (QBO) is the number one accounting software with millions of customers! It is both extremely useful and easy to use...once you learn how.
If you are a small business owner or bookkeeper that has never used QuickBooks Online, this is the course you need to take.
Alicia has designed this QBO Bootcamp course to be approachable and absorbable so you gain a solid understanding of how QuickBooks software works. With step-by-step guidance & small, easily digestible segments for better long-term comprehension, Alicia will cover everything you need to quickly get up and running.
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to easily manage your company's daily workflow using QuickBooks Online and be able to run insightful reports to analyze growth.
- Getting Started: I'll demonstrate the vital importance of bookkeeping, how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs, & how to properly set up your file.
- Banking: We'll also explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
- Customers: I'll cover all the crucial Customer & Accounts Receivable tasks, including how to create invoices for your customers & workflows for getting paid quickly.
- Vendors: We'll tackle Vendors, Accounts Payable, & all the ways you'll record your company's expenses.
- Reports: Then we'll learn how to run the key reports that show how well your company is doing!
- Tools: Explore other features in QBO that help you enjoy the software.
What's included with this course?
Get up & running with QuickBooks free from worry or anxiety. By choosing to learn QBO with me, you not only get access to an expert, you’ll also become part of a community of business owners who share a common goal, & WANT to help if you get stuck.
When you purchase 'QBO Bootcamp,' you'll get:
- Class notes so you can refresh your understanding later
- Quizzes after each module so you can check your knowledge & make adjustments as needed
- A digital copy of my book, "Master Intuit QuickBooks Online" to follow along during the course
- 6 hours of easy-to-follow step-by-step video instruction with Top 10 QuickBooks Proadvisor Alicia Katz Pollock
- Exclusive access to a community discussion board where you can get answers to all your questions as early as the same day!
You'll have lifetime access to the materials so that you can go back & watch the recordings to your heart's content. The Q&A Forum will also always be there for you to ask questions down the road when new issues pop up!
Discover why passionate business owners like you are getting excited for 'QBO Bootcamp'
Find out what you've been missing. See what prior learners have to say about their journey with Alicia & her QBO Bootcamp.
What You’ll Learn:
- The importance of good record-keeping.
- When to hire a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make.
- Setting up QuickBooks®
- QuickBooks Accounts and Settings.
- Creating your Products and Service Items list.
- Working with Customers (Accounts Receivable): Estimates, Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments.
- Working with Vendors (Accounts Payable): Bills, Payments, Expenses, Checks.
- Running basic reports
- Using QuickBooks Online's built-in automation features.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between QBO Subscription levels
- Identify steps for setting up a new QBO file
- Recognize sales transactions required to receive money from customers
- Recognize expense transactions used to pay vendors
- Identify QBO’s Banking Center and recognize the process for reconciling bank statements
- Recognize the process for running reports used in analyzing your company’s performance
10.0 CPE, Certificate of Completion
Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications
Who should take this class?
Other learners purchased these courses after completing this class:
Explore new topics & join the hundreds of other business owners & accounting professionals who have enrolled in these courses after completing QBO Bootcamp!
Refunds & Cancellations
Royalwise Solutions Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Course Credits: 10 CPE, Certificate of Completion. Must be awarded within one year of enrollment.
Course Updated: August 2022
Course Page Updated: February 2023
Here is the course outline:
How to Join the Live Zoom Webinar
Oct 18 9am .. 3pm, Zoom Webinar
Click the link to learn how to join the webinar, on Tuesday October 18 at 9a to 4p PST
Download the Book and Handouts
This course comes with a free copy of Alicia's book, "Master QuickBooks Online: From Setup to Tax Time," a glossary, and a copy of the slide deck used in the videos.
Section 1: QBO Bootcamp
Before we dive into the hands-on, we'll start with an essential overview: the vital importance of bookkeeping, and how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs.
Section 2: Setting up and Customizing QuickBooks Online
When you create your QuickBooks file, be sure to set up all the Settings and Lists so that they address the specific needs of your unique company.
Section 3: Vendors and Banking
We'll look at all the essential Vendors and Accounts Payable workflows. In other words, how to pay Bills from your Vendors, and your workflows for tracking expenses. How does the Banking Feed work? Let's explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
Section 4: Working with Customers
We'll look at all the essential Customers and Accounts Receivable workflows. In other words, how to create invoices for your customers, and your workflows for getting paid quickly.
Section 5: Transactions, Reports, and Tools
We'll start with additional business transactions that you'll need to keep your records accurate. Then we'll talk about reports - the whole purpose of using QuickBooks is to run accurate reports that help both with business management, and paying taxes. We'll finish up by looking at some of QBO's bells and whistles that may address your company's pain points.
Take the Quizzes
Score 80% or higher on the section quizzes to receive your certificate and CPE credit. Demonstrate your mastery of the material and win points!
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise CPE Certificate|