This QuickBooks Online tutorial for beginners teaches small business owners and bookkeepers how to use all QBO’s essential tools and workflows to track its income and expenses for taxes and business success.
"Hands down, the most comprehensive QuickBooks Online course out there; great for beginners and certification seekers!" - Hector Garcia CPA
Basic Training, often known as, “bootcamp”, is an introduction to the Army, and where recruits learn the traditions, tactics and methods of becoming a soldier.
And much like U.S. Army Bootcamp, my QuickBooks Online Bootcamp requires courage, discipline, and a hunger for excellence.
It's hard work…but it doesn’t require sacrifice!
Unlike U.S. Army Bootcamp, in my QBO Bootcamp I will encourage you instead of yell at you, hold your hand instead of force you to march, and you DEFINITELY won’t have to clean your privy with your toothbrush.
When we're through, you will have the QBO skills to solve any problem, conquer any transaction, silence your doubts, and tackle any task.
You will become a pillar of bookkeeping excellence, capable of handling whatever is thrown your way with strength, dignity, and grace.
Intuit's QuickBooks Online (QBO) is the number one accounting software with millions of customers. It is both extremely useful and easy to use...once you learn how.
If you are a small business owner or bookkeeper that has never used QuickBooks Online, you need to take this course.
And it's best to learn the essentials from a Top 10 ProAdvisor so that you get set up properly, from the beginning! And who puts the "fun" in fundamentals more than QBO Rockstar Alicia Katz Pollock!
Alicia has designed this QBO Bootcamp course to be approachable and absorbable so you gain a solid understanding of how QuickBooks software works. With easy to follow step-by-step guidance, Alicia will cover everything you need to quickly get up and running.
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to easily manage your company's daily workflow using QuickBooks Online and be able to run insightful reports to analyze growth.
- Getting Started: Alicia teaches the vital importance of bookkeeping, how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs, and how to properly set up your file.
- Banking: We'll also explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
- Customers: Alicia covers all the essential Customers and Accounts Receivable tasks, including how to create invoices for your customers and workflows for getting paid quickly.
- Vendors: We'll tackle Vendors, Accounts Payable, and all the ways you'll record your company's expenses.
- Reports: Then we'll learn how to run the key reports that show how well your company is doing!
- Tools: Explore other features in QBO that help you enjoy the software.
When you register for this class, you'll also receive a free pdf of Alicia's book, "Master Intuit QuickBooks Online: From Set Up to Tax Time". Use it to follow along with the class, and later as a reference book to look things up quickly.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose the proper QBO Subscription for your needs
- Set up a new QBO file
- Create sales transactions to receive money from your customers
- Create expense transactions to pay your vendors
- Use QBO’s Banking Center and reconcile your bank statements
- Run reports analyzing your company’s performance
What You’ll Learn
- The importance of good record-keeping.
- When to hire a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make.
- Setting up QuickBooks®
- QuickBooks Accounts and Settings.
- Creating your Products and Service Items list.
- Working with Customers (Accounts Receivable): Estimates, Invoices, Sales Receipts, Payments.
- Working with Vendors (Accounts Payable): Bills, Payments, Expenses, Checks.
- Running basic reports
- Using QuickBooks Online's built-in automation features.
10.0 CPE, Certificate of Completion
Field of Study
Who should take this class?
Other learners purchased these courses after completing this class:
Refunds & Cancellations
Royalwise Solutions Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Course Credits: 10 CPE, Certificate of Completion. Must be awarded within one year of enrollment.
Course Updated: December 2021
Here is the course outline:
Download the Book
This course comes with a free copy of Alicia's book, "Master QuickBooks Online: From Setup to Tax Time."
Section 1: QBO Bootcamp
Before we dive into the hands-on, we'll start with an essential overview: the vital importance of bookkeeping, and how to choose the correct version of QBO for your needs.
Section 2: Setting up and Customizing QuickBooks Online
When you create your QuickBooks file, be sure to set up all the Settings and Lists so that they address the specific needs of your unique company.
Section 3: Vendors and Banking
We'll look at all the essential Vendors and Accounts Payable workflows. In other words, how to pay Bills from your Vendors, and your workflows for tracking expenses. How does the Banking Feed work? Let's explore the Banking Center, which runs the automation that connects QBO to your bank for easy data entry.
Section 4: Working with Customers
We'll look at all the essential Customers and Accounts Receivable workflows. In other words, how to create invoices for your customers, and your workflows for getting paid quickly.
Section 5: Transactions, Reports, and Tools
We'll start with additional business transactions that you'll need to keep your records accurate. Then we'll talk about reports - the whole purpose of using QuickBooks is to run accurate reports that help both with business management, and paying taxes. We'll finish up by looking at some of QBO's bells and whistles that may address your company's pain points.
Take the Quizzes
Score 80% or higher on the section quizzes to receive your certificate and CPE credit. Demonstrate your mastery of the material and win points!
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise CPE Certificate|