When you’re starting your own company, good financial management and accounting tips are key to your success. Learn what kind of bookkeeping you need to do for your small business.
Intro To Accounting & Bookkeeping Course Description
Starting and running a new business...that’s tough stuff.
Correctly keeping the books...even tougher!
Entrepreneurs and new business owners are experts in their field and have a passion for what they do…but if they were really good at bookkeeping, they would have become bookkeepers instead!
This class is a terrific introduction into the business behind business. QBO Rock Star Alicia Katz Pollock teaches you what you need to know about bookkeeping in order to succeed!
She'll cover the importance of good record keeping, saving receipts, bookkeeping software, common mistakes, taking credit cards, available technology you can leverage, and how you know when you need a bookkeeper.
Business owners -- you need to take this important introductory class to help you figure out how to begin the process of ensuring good financial management...including the tough decision of whether you need to hire a bookkeeper.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of a bookkeeper to benefit a business
- Avoid common recordkeeping mistakes business owners make
- Select mobile technology to enhance your workflow
In this course, you’ll Learn:
- The importance of good record keeping
- When do you need a bookkeeper and when can you do it yourself?
- Bookkeeping options like QuickBooks, web-based systems including QBO® and Xero
- Common bookkeeping mistakes business owners make
- Why and how to save receipts
- Using a tablet or laptop to write up estimates in the field
- Using a smartphone to take credit cards
- Estimates to invoices to payments
- The world of QB apps like Tsheets for timecards and Bill.com for A/P.
1, Certificate of Completion
Field of Study
Who should take this class?
Other learners purchased these courses after completing this class:
Want this course for free? Sign up for a Royalwise OWLS Membership to get this course & more for no additional cost.
Refunds & Cancellations
Royalwise Solutions Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Course Credits: 1 CPE, Certificate of Completion. Must be awarded within one year of enrollment.
Course Updated: December 2021
Here is the course outline:
1. Download the Handout
Download the handout that goes with the course.
2. Watch the Videos - Introduction to Accounting and Bookkeeping for Business Owners
This is the recording of the class you attended. Watch and rewatch it until it all makes sense!
3. Take the Quiz
Take this quiz to demonstrate your mastery of the material. Pass the quiz with an 80% or higher to complete the Course, earn your Certificate, and win points!
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise CPE Certificate|