Bookkeeping Tricky Situations Course
Advanced bookkeeping training for complex transactions: loans, line of credit, barter, bounced checks, customer deposits, negative batches, and corporate cards.
It’s one thing to master routine bookkeeping techniques, but it’s completely something else to use it for rare business situations. In this special QuickBooks® Online class, we’ll look at everyday business transactions like Loans and Lines of Credit.
Then we’ll talk about more complex situations:
How to you track Bartering to stay IRS-compliant? How do you book bounced checks, either your own or from a customer? What do you do when a daily credit card batch is negative? What are the options when to take client deposits on work to be performed? How do you make corporate credit cards work?
We'll also explore Recurring Transactions and other time-saving tips and tricks.
- Our "QBO® Fundamentals" course, or
- Prior experience using QuickBooks® Online.
Who should take this class?
- Business owners and employees hoping to gain deeper knowledge of how to perform common business transactions in their software
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills
What You’ll Learn:
- How to add situation-specific accounts to the Chart of Accounts
- How to manage a Line of Credit
- How to separate out Loan payments for principal, interest, and debt protection insurance
- How to process Bounced Checks, both your customers’ and your own
- How to track Bartering, so you can track your true income and your expenses even though no money has changed hands
- How to memorize transactions, so the next time you don’t need to remember what you did last time
- Valuable tips and tricks to shave time off your daily tasks
Here is the course outline:
1. Download the Handout
Download the handout that goes with the course.
Download the handout here
2. Watch the Video: Practical QuickBooks - Tricky Situations
It’s one thing to know all of QBO’s menu items, but it’s something else entirely to use it for non-standard circumstances. In this workshop you’ll understand how to manage these common but confusing scenarios: Bartering, Bounced Checks (both your customers’ and your own), Creating Loan Splits, Negative Merchant Service Deposits, and options for managing Client Retainers and Deposits.
Practical QuickBooks: Tricky Situations
3. Take the Quiz
Take this quiz to demonstrate your mastery of the material. Pass the quiz with an 80% or higher to complete the Course, earn your Certificate, and win points!
Tricky Situations Quiz
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise Credit Certificate|