10 Best Practices for QuickBooks Online
Use QuickBooks Online more effectively! You’ll learn how to avoid (and fix) common mistakes in QBO bank feeds, how to properly classify transactions, and best practices for recordkeeping.
QuickBooks Online Best Practices Course Description
After working with hundreds of business owners and bookkeeping professionals, Alicia has seen all kinds of crazy bookkeeping. She’s managed to distill those bad habits down into the top 10 mistakes people make in QuickBooks Online. She wants to make sure you don’t make them, too!
This one-hour course highlights the Top 10 best practices that you’ll want to get right, saving yourself wasted time and money.
We’ll start with words of wisdom about setting up your account, and dialing in your chart of accounts and products & services. Then we’ll look at recordkeeping, from receipts to understanding what qualifies as a tax-deductible expense. We’ll finish up by taking a look at some of QBO’s “quirks” so you know proper use of the software.
It’s important to implement these best practices right at the beginning of your QuickBooks file. It’s a lot more expensive and time consuming to fix a file than it is to get trained to do it right in the first place!
1 CPE Credit
Field of Study
QAS Self Study - Bookkeeping/Accounting
Who should take this QuickBooks Online Best Practices class?
- Business owners and employees who maintain their company’s financial records
- Students and job-seekers will boost their employment marketability
- Entrepreneurs and new business owners who are just getting started, and want to make sure they have solid business knowledge so that they can succeed
- Seasoned users looking to glean essential nuggets of information to make using QuickBooks easier and faster than before
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who wish to brush up on their skills.
What should you bring?
- A working computer with internet access.
- Access to a QBO file (or sample file online).
What You’ll Learn in this QuickBooks Online Best Practices Training
- Customizing your settings
- Refining your Chart of Accounts
- Creating your products and services
- Managing your vendors list
- Meals vs. owner draws
- Using undeposited funds
- Proper use of the banking feed
- Maintaining supporting documentation
- Reconciling properly
- Getting help when you need it
Here is the course outline:
Download the Handout
Download your class handout here
Watch the Recordings - 10 Best Practices for QBO
This is the recording of the class you attended. Watch and rewatch it until it all makes sense!
Take this quiz to demonstrate your mastery of the material. Pass the quiz with an 80% or higher to complete the Course, earn your Certificate, and win points!
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise Credit Certificate|