Learn how to use your Apple Watch, the waterproof smartwatch with built-in apps that sync to your iPhone & help you stay healthy (hello activity rings!)… while you send text messages, take phone calls, stream music, talk to SIRI, & more.
The brand new Apple Watch is out! Come take a look at this new technology and see how it can be used to enhance your daily life in Jamie’s Apple Watch Basics Class.
Learn how the activity rings can help you stay healthy, the sleep tracker can improve your sleep, and the spousal mute button can boost your love life!
I may have fibbed a bit about that last part, but you WILL learn how the Apple Watch’s ECG capabilities can act as an early warning system to detect and alert you to possibly serious heart conditions such as atrial fibrillation.
We’ll also show off fun activities like taps, heartbeats, drawings, animated emoticons, and a lot more.
Continue reading to learn more about this fun class.
Beginner through Advanced
Who should take this class?
- Apple Watch owners
- People interested in learning about Apple Watch
What should you bring?
- Your Apple Watch
- Your iPad or iPhone
What You’ll Learn
- What is the Crown and how it works
- What is the Side Button and what does it do
- The Dock and how to use it to switch between and close apps
- Notification Center and managing Notifications
- Control Center including Flashlight, Walkie Talkie, and much more
- Using SIRI
- Sending taps, heartbeats, drawings, scribbles, and animated emoticons to your Faves
- Watch app on iPhone and how to use it to configure the Apple Watch
- How to get new Watch Faces and how to switch between them
- Using the Health app to look up data that the Watch is collecting including your steps and more
- Using the Fitness app to monitor your progress and earn badges
- Checking your Heart Rate and taking an ECG
Here is the course outline:
Download the Handout
Download the handout that goes with the course.
Apple Watch Basics - Watch the Recordings
The videos in this section will guide you through the basic functions and actions of your Apple Watch. Jamie will go over the function of The Crown, The Side Button, Notifications, and the Control Center.
Apple Watch Basics - Using Your iPhone to Control Your Watch
In this section, Jamie will guide you through the settings and Apple Watch App on your iPhone. Jamie will also demonstrate some functions of the Health App and how to customize your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
Take The Quiz
Quiz description is "Did you watch the video or take the class live? Let us know here so that you can receive a Certificate of Achievement, an award badge, and points in the Wisdom Quest!
The following certificates are awarded when the course is completed:
|Royalwise CPE Certificate|